Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Seeds of thought......




The purpose of this blog is to record my study of the Tarot. The deck I use is 'Tarot of the Old Path', which is pagan orientated. I like the artwork, the fact that the artist has incorporated animals and plants very much into the meaning of the cards.

Whilst the Tarot can be used as a tool for many purposes such as divination, I like to use mine to meditate upon the symbolism and the lessons that can be learned within also. Sometimes, if I have a problem or need to make a decision, I will turn to my cards to see what advice they might have for me. I'm a firm believer though, that everyone is in control of their own destiny and it is one's own choice whether to act upon whatever the cards have to say.

Altogether, there are 78 cards in a Tarot deck. I will choose one card at a sitting to study the symbolism and meanings within each one. However, the cards are personal to each person and what one might see, someone else could see something different, so I welcome input from anyone who might want to join me in my study.

No comments:

Post a Comment